Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ideal Developers

Hey, do you know what an ideal developer is like?

I have been a developer all my career and still do enough coding to call myself as a developer. I also hire developer in my company and have 3 years of experience in hiring developers.

I always had to face some problems while hiring a right developer. Most of the time, I was not able to decide whether I should be hiring a software geek who is crazy about software or a smart developer who simply delivers what is required and not much crazy about IT.

A software team actually needs both kind of developers. Its important to get the right proportion of both.

There are software engineers who know everything about the software and the software tools they are going to use. But they are slow in development as they spend a lot of time thinking and perfecting their work. Generally these kind of developers will never deliver anything on time.

Then there are those kind who deliver pretty fast, but obviously their code is not perfect. There are those BUGS.

Its hard to find a developer who is fast and perfect. But if you find, don't let them go.

In case you don't find those ideal developers, its important to have the first two kind of developers in the right proportion. If not, you will face a lot of problems in delivering a good software.
Also, when you have both those kind, you must know where to use whom. This is very important in a software team management.

No comments: